Time to celebrate moms again! Last year the FDB Advisor wrote about turning the bathroom into a spa to give your mom a special Mother’s Day experience.
This year we’re all about how to give your mama the kitchen of her dreams. OK. Maybe that’s a slight exaggeration. But we’ve found some products that will enhance your mom’s fun and proficiency in the kitchen. (*And some cool ideas for moms who’d rather stay out of the kitchen!) Or, treat yourself to any of these suggestions…
As experts in kitchen remodeling, there are a few design elements we like to recommend:
- Open display shelving or glass front cabinetry (to show off past years Mother’s Day gifts!)
- Tile back splashes (to reflect your personality!)
- Great lighting solutions (to augment any kitchen style or task!)
- Excellent work flow within the kitchen and to other spaces in the home
- Delightful details (ceiling treatments, flooring, countertops, fixtures and more!)
Our award-winning design staff will work with you to make your dream kitchen a reality. If you’re considering a kitchen renovation in the next twelve months, join us for one of our informative renovation workshops this fall. Contact us for more information at (781) 860-9800 or info (at) feinmann.com.
And now, suggestions from top sites we love:
- From Kitchendaily.com – candy, tabletop linens and utensils, aprons, cookbooks (It’s All Good by Gwyenth Paltrow. Love her cookbooks! and site goop.com), wine, and our favorite – the interactive ipad stand and stylus from Belkin. (below)
- From Huffington Post – Porcelain mortar and pestle, Classic WafflePro (but only if someone else makes the waffles on Mother’s Day), mandoline, kitchen torch, canning set, ravioli mold with roller, potato ricer, Vitamix blender and spices.
- We also love this fresh herb mincer from Casa.com.
- Time saving gifts from Cultivate.com include a cool tote bag, chalkboard list pad, vertical herb planter (to use with her new mincer!)
- Give your mom a Feinmann gift certificate for HomeCrew – our home maintenance and small project division. Get some of those nagging projects off the To Do List.
And for the moms who don’t love spending time in the kitchen but are more likely to be *bitchin’ in the kitchen:
- Cool Restaurant Take-Out boxes for storing your favorite menus
- Personal chef – let someone else do the cooking for you.
- Take a fun cooking class to get you interested – take it with your significant other, a friend or one of your kids! We like the classes at the BCAE but there are classes all over the Greater Boston area.
Happy Mother’s Day!