Answer: Yes. There are still manufacturers of fireworks made here in America. Pretty good thinking for a holiday that celebrates our country. Did you also know that the Pledge of Allegiance was an advertising campaign designed to sell American flags? Whatever the reason, this weekend is a pretty good time to fly the stars and stripes. And yes, plenty of American flag makers are based in the USA. To continue our tradition of featuring products made in America in honor of July Fourth, here is our 3rd annual list. This time we’re focusing on products used in the kitchen that are probably familiar to most people.
Of course we are proud that two of the cabinet companies we work with are based and manufactured in the US – Showplace and Greenfield. We also use countertop surfaces by Cambria, also made here in America. You can read about more US based products in our second annual post.
Our research yielded some nifty websites and products. Some of these would make great gift ideas, too, if you have weddings or anniversaries coming up. Here’s our list, their home town and links to their websites:
- Aquasana Water Filters – Austin, TX
- Vermont Rolling Pins – South Burlington, VT
- All Clad Cookware – Canonsburg, PA
- Lodge Cast Iron – S. Pittsburgh, TN
- Pyrex – Charleroi, PA
- Benjamin Moore Paint – Montvale, NJ
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – Greenville, OH
- Simon Pearce – Windsor, VT
- Country Cottons – Locust, NC
- Country Curtains – Stockbridge, MA
Check out this cool web series, too. This Built America, starting with the Pyrex story. Happy July 4th!